Sunday, February 23, 2014

Food and Wine Festival



Hey guys. This weekend I attended the annual Food and Wine festival in my town Orlando, FL. This is my 4th straight year going and each experience is a blast. I try and culture myself into trying different foods, activities, writing styles etc. This festival takes place in Downtown Area alongside Lake Eola, which is the city's park/fountain lake area. Basically different restaurants around the city setup booths and menu and serve dishes from their venues. As an attendee, you purchase admission and then food and beverage tickets that's serve as the currency of the event. Each tent has a set number of tickets for their dishes and you order, give your ticket and enjoy. When it comes to the wine, you can sample the wines before committing tickets for full glasses. If you've never drank wine before this event can help advance your pallet.
 

This year I tried a few new items. My favorite was the Pineapple Creme Brulee... it was awesomeness in my mouth. So good in fact that I went back to the tent for seconds. I also tasted bruschetta which is toasted bread with a tomato medley spread which was very good. I had bacon wrapped chicken that was amazing and volcano California roll sushi. Mostly everything else I ate was things ive tried before like kobe's noodle and shrimp bowl and tibby's bread pudding with rum sauce. i did sample a few different wines as well. Cupcake Red Velvet wine and my favorite so far Little Black Dress Pink Pinot grigio.
 

Other then eat, my friends and I started dancing in the street to the DJ. We also help start a group dance line for the wobble, cha cha side and our throwback Kid n Play dances. I really had a blast this year and of course am looking forward to next year's event as well. Food, Wine and the Best Friends... regardless of anything else, yesterday was amazing.
 

Did I mention the weather was beautiful? Even though it rained off and on it was about 76 degrees and breezy the entire day. I love Florida ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment