Sunday, February 23, 2014

Short Story Problems

So I started writing a short story using the basis of Hansel and Gretel and placing a spin on it. But I think I'm going to stop and start a new short story, the reason being is that I struggle with the "Voice" of the story. For this reason I think I should write something easier to me first. So I am taking what I heard on Eat, Sleep, Write and I am going to write at least 1700 words a day on something I;m passionate about... Villains! Oddly enough, growing up I strayed away from the typical heroes of things and either gravitated towards the sidekicks... or more interestingly the villains. An example of this is I love Scar in the Lion King... of course I still cried when he caused Mufasa's death, but his character was intriguing to me. I dislike bugs bunny and mickey mouse... and I loveeee Daffy Duck and Donald. Most notable I like Freddy Kreuger and The Joker from Batman. So now I will write a short story about a villain and see where I end up, I dont want to plan it out... I WANT TO WRITE! Once I'm inside the head of my character the story will write itself :)

Wish Me Luck ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment